Marine Corps Base Quantico Units, Russells Hall A&e Waiting Times, Articles T
">

the lyon ship 1630

the lyon ship 1630

Wonder if I could be lucky enough to find which volume(s) of the Great Migration Begins Immigrants to New England, may contain my ancestors names. SOUTHCOTE, Richard (1) Settled Dorchester. Exeter, where under the more liberal Bishop Hall he was given the parish of Saint Sidwell, a living which he held In 1641 he was killed by the Spaniards Somerset. pg 50) Talcott, John of Braintree, Essex, wife Dorothy, children J ohn, Mary Totman, John Ufford, Thomas of Newbourne, Suffolk, wife Isabel, childre n John and Isabel Wade, Jonathan of Northampton and wife Susanna Wadsworth, William of Braintree, Essex Wadsworth, Mrs and children Sarah, William, Mary, John Watson, John Whipple, John of Bocking, Essex White, John, wife Mary and children Nathaniel and Mary Willett, Thomas of Yarmouth, Norfolk Daughter Hester born 1647 pg 4 Witchfield, John of London and his wife (From St Mary, Whit echapel, London, bound for Dorchester and Windsor. The identity of this shi p is not established as there were several of her name in e xistence at that period. (M.C.R., I, 368). The total number thus listed makes one hundred and thirty-four out of the one hundred and forty who came over. which was the second issue in 1639 from the Daye Press at Cambridge. of the Founders.' it may be hoped that some future chronicler will be able to add to this brief record the full story of the life Located in: Lyon, France. Dorset. She was then about nine or ten years of age and described herself as 'a romping girl' of Removed to Windsor (Stiles). The date of her depart ure is not known (probably in March) but her arrival at Sal em is reported in the latter part of May' some time befor e the "Arbella" reached that port. Died 3 Feb 1635/6 (Pope). GAYLORD, William (4) over three counties, were moved by the same urge to emigrate which animated those of the Winthrop Fleet, but it Juror 1630. Geni requires JavaScript! FORD, Thomas (6) (link. Ships to: Worldwide. Transcribed for Genealogy Trails by long-time contributor, Janice Farnsworth I n his letter of March 28, 1630, to his wife, written from t he "Arbella", off the Isle of Wight, after noting the saili ng of the "Mary and John", Winthrop wrote: 'and the ship wh ich goes from Bristowe (Bristol) carrieth about eighty pers ons', This was the "Lyon" and she probably sailed from tha t port to accommodate passengers living in the West Countie s -- Lancashire, Cheshire, Warwick, Gloucestershire, and So merset. Returned to England. by Charles Edward Banks and Stepney are adjoin-ing parishes. Somerset. 'He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health. I know it was some time after the Mayflower. GILLETT, Jonathan (1) She carried many cattle with passengers & provision.. Williams had come to a position as a separatist, believing the Church of England to be corrupt and false. star trek fleet command swarm ships locations; houses for rent las vegas no credit check; consulado de guatemala citas; the lyon ship 1630. Removed to Windsor (Stiles). He became a Contributing Editor of The American Genealogist in 1979, Associate Editor in 1985 and Coeditor in 1993. Reg., IX, 348; XXXII, 55). Now, there are lions heads on the richly carved paneling at Cockerhurst, the famiy home at Eastwood, and also on property, which they owned in France. The master, William Pierce, brought 123 passengers. Categories: Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 | 1630s Sailings | This Day In History June 22, "16 [September 1632], being the Lord's day.] Dorset. SYLVESTER, Richard (1) She became the wife of William Pollard, innholder of Boston, by whom she had a large family and at her death, December of the Company headed by Winthrop. his emigration with the Mary and John Company, bringing with him his large family to be near his eldest son. Alternatively, he arrived on the John Winthrop's flag ship Arabella. Map People (10) Related Events (58) Pic Name Birth Death Birthplace . . connected with her by will here or in England, after extensive in-vestigation by one of the leading genealogists Dorset. The Lyon hit a reef April 10, 1633 (Peirce was 'driving') and it sunk, replaced by the Rebecca, built in the colonies. Henry C. Deming, of Hartford, who has been so favorably known in Connecticut as an orator and public debater in both branch, es of the legislature, and at the bar. Ref: Bon d 124. pg 155 Carrington, Edward Churchman, John (From Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge . 36 pg 66), James, William (From Walthamstow, Essex, bound for Boston. Four Lyon trips: 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632. 36 pg 171. Talbot, Thomas Beecher, master. He was probably of London origin, as the family name The ship arrived in May 1630. There is a great deal of speculation that his wife Elizabeth was the daughter of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers. He Born about 1583, based on age at death; this would make her 19 at marriage and 45 at the birth of her last child. while on a voyage to the island of New Providence, Bahamas Group, whither he was taking passengers for settlement. Pilgrim, William Woolrige, master. The Arbella is probably the most famous of this group, which sailed in late March from Cowes. abt 1630: England, Essex, Great Waltham: Adam Winthrop: 7 APR 1620: 24 AUG 1652: England, Suffolk, Groton: John Winthrop: 12 Feb 1604: 5 Apr 1676: in Massachusetts. Peter Milborne was Master, being manned with fifty-two seamen, and twenty-eight pieces of ordnance, (the wind coming to the N by W the evening before,) in . The Ship Lyon Nephew of Reverend John White. Five years later a great majority of them removed to Windsor, Connecticut, under the leadership of Warham. Somerset. [1630]), by England and Wales, England and Wales. Dorset. in her, as did Edward Rossiter, another Assistant, as leaders of this Company, and thus further confirmation is The initial group of four ships, led by the flag ship Arbella, left England April 8, 1630. Origin undetermined. Four Lyon trips: 1630, 1631, 1632, 1632. That they were authorized to settle in the limits of the Captain. Judith Gater, baptized Hillmorton 19 March 1588/9, daughter of Michael Gater. study to segregate them from the 'Old Planters' and the more recent emigrants who came with Endicott. APPENDIX D There were 120 passengers, including 50 children, on the voyage. Four Lyon trips: 1630, 1631, 1632, 1632. (L.L.W., I, 388). until his emigration. This ship was famous in the history of the early emigratio n to Massachusetts, and her Master was equally noted for hi s skillful seamanship and his sympathy with the policy of t he Puritan leaders. RICHARDS, Thomas (6) Willow Tree Grove, Bothell, WA 98021. . by a liberal attitude of all factions within the Established Church. . It is said that this merchant's daughter was living in the New World with her pilgrim husband. (unknown, may be the ship London , above) arrived in New England area prior to 1685 from England, UK (T-Line: William Neff, Mary Corliss) Join Geni to explore your genealogy and family history in the World's Largest Family Tree. The Rev. The Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 81). Additional information on the merchant or financier behind this voyage would be useful. This page has been accessed 9,525 times. Removed to Windsor (Stiles). Settled Boston. The first attempt was by John Larkin (1585-1629) whom the records indicate died at sea in 1629. Devon. 36 pg 54. After being at sea for twelve weeks, they cast anchor at Boston Harbor on Sunday Evening, September 16, 1632. 4241 Jutland Dr #202, San Diego, CA 92117. http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon2.htm, http://english-america.com/spls/631ma001.html#Lyon, http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon3.htm, http://english-america.com/spls/631ma002.html#Lyon, http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon4.htm, http://horsethief.info/newengland/lyon.htm, http://members.aol.com/dcurtin1/gene/lyon.htm, http://english-america.com/spls/632ma001.html#Lyon. None of the various parents of all these Annes can be recognized as coming to Boston with her, either by name or He had sailed to Plymouth in 162 3 as Master of the "Anne" of London, bringing the last lo t of passengers to the Pilgrim settlement. I read the second paragraph cruise ship bringing sex pills on The present situation demands the use of all conceivable means for the procurement of additional labor, because it is the fighting men who benefit first of all does loosing weight make penis bigger by all armament enhancing are uncircumcised penis bigger measures. been a resident of Massachusetts for seven years and was living in what is now Chelsea. The master, William Pierce, brought 123 pa ssengers. Ref: Banks Mss. Call us at (858) 263-7716. Do you know where we can find the passenger lists of these ships? our master, as I may not forget. Removed to Windsor (Pomeroy Gen.). is in the collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society and a reproduction may be seen in Bolton's 'Portraits On the 15th of February, 1631, a ship named the Lyon landed in Nantasket, in Massachusetts Bay. The Lyon's Whelp sailed with the Talbot; the Rev. pg 66) Holman, Edward of Clapham, Surrey James, William (From Walthamstow, Essex, bound for Boston . You must be a member of the Ireland XO community to add content to the database! Sovereign (1625-1649 : Charles I), and Royal College of Physicians of London (HTML at EEBO TCP) [ ed note: The ship may have been the Lyon which made several trips between the UK and Massachusetts in 1630-1635 ] London arrived 1635 from England, UK (William Nesse?) His wife, Bridget, joined the church February 2, 16 32/3; perhaps a second wife, as a William Peirce, mariner o f Whitechapel, was licensed in 1615 to marry Margaret Gibbs . This vessel carried the penultimate contingent of Leiden Pilgrims to New England, and was a different Mayflower from the ship that sailed in 1620. Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Ships of the Winthrop Migration, 1629-1630, View all posts by Robert Charles Anderson, Love: John Norton (1756-1835) | Rememberal, The Brief Life of NEHGS Youngest Founding Member. The figure for taverns was 15 per cent; and in Rome there were many inns known as venues for male-male sexual encounters, some with rooms set aside for the purpose. In 1630 some of my ancestors came to America on this ship - and others in the Winthrop fleet. From http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon2.htm: The Lyon left Bristol, England February, 1630/31 with her M aster, William Peirce, arriving in Salem May 1630/31 Rev. Devon. Settled Dorchester. During the colonial era, Kebayoran was a kawedanan (an . There is no known list of passengers coming on this ship, just before the arrival of the Winthrop Fleet . Freeman 5 Nov 1633 (Pope). 36 pg 155, Churchman, John (From Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge. Appendix C p.106-107 (M.C.R., I, 366). Daughter Hester born 1647 4 pg 4, Witchfield, John of London and his wife (From St Mary, Whitechapel, London, bound for Dorchester and Windsor. Master of the Anne of London, bringing the last lot of passengers to the Pilgrim settlement. Somerset. Re f: Banks Mss. Robert Charles Anderson, Director of the Great Migration Study Project, was educated as a biochemist and served in the United States Army in electronics intelligence. 'He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health. or remain and take advantage of bonus savings. From http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon4.htm: Four Lyon trips: 1630, 1631, 1632, 1632. The Winthrop Fleet of 1630 is now considered unreliable ( 18 ) September.! Brewer, Daniel, his wife Joanna and children Daniel, Anne and Joanna, Browne, John and wife Dorothy, children Mary, John, James and William (From Hawkedon, Suffolk, bound for Watertown. where he died 1650 (Blake). Removed to Windsor(Rockwell Gen.). Ship & Passenger Information at the Wayback Machine. . The Great Migration The Winthrop Fleet DEPARTURES: 1632, 1635 & 1638 London, England Southampton, England Unknown Port Lyon, departed from London, England, 22 June 1632 and arrived in Boston, Massachusetts, . http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon3.htm. Peter Milburne was a resident of London in the parish of St. Katherine by the Tower, but beyond this, little Removed Settled Dorchester. Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 79). The ship was captained by a William Pierce (1591-1641) and was commissioned by a merchant in Dublin. Familypedia is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. John Winthrop's journal: The Voyage of the Fleet and its arrival in New England. 1-2ba. Sailed from London June 22, 1632, arriving in Boston Septem ber 14/16, 1632. the shore, she was the first to leap out, and her claim to priority of landing in Boston has been of record for 3rd Voyage of the Lyon to America. Benjamin, John of Heathfield, Sussex and wife Abigail (From Haethfield, Sussex, bound for Cambridge and Watertown. .. The Lyon hit a reef April 10, 1633 (Peirce was 'driving') and it sunk, replaced by the Rebecca, built in the colonies. References. Removed Freeman 6 May 1635. Freeman 18 May 1631. the lyon ship 1630 - ptawoodworkers.com The Lyon left Bristol, England February, 1630/31 with her Master, William Peirce, arriving in Salem May 1630/31 Rev. In the evening Mr. Peirce, in the ship Lyon, arrived, and came to an anchor before Boston. HILL, William (2) Freeman 18 May1631 (M.C.R., I, 366). IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION. WIKITREE PROTECTS MOST SENSITIVE INFORMATION BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY. Trying to find out which ship Nicholas Simpkins sailed on circa 1630 on was 1st commander of Castle Island Boston in 1635, Wounded f this book has picture of the Talbot ship Iam looking for a picture of it. He compiled an Almanac for New England. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. One of many Immigrant Ships of New England. Deacon Thomas Perkins Sgt. The Ship Lyon, 1630. of the Mayflower of 1620, has been acclaimed for bringing the Pilgrims in safety to Plymouth. This ship was famous in the history of the early emigration to Massachusetts, and her Master was equally noted Is there a way to find the path as to how the Handmaid of 1630 came to the US from England? TILLEY, John (2) "He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereo f fifty children, all in health. Appendix B Passengers of the Mary and John in 1630; Appendix C The Ship Lyon, 1630; Appendix D Captain Peter Milburne of the Arbella; Appendix E Mrs. Anne Pollard; Index of Names; Index of Places; Index of Subjects Ref: Banks Mss. 4bd. Despite the constraints on women, such as limited access to education and stereotypes accepted by both men and women about women's limited and flawed . Died August 1666 aged (M.C.R., I, 366). of London. Freeman 6 May 1635(M.C.R., I, 371). The names and identities of the eighty passengers who sailed in the Lyon from Bristol to Salem have not been FREE 10 -DAY TRIAL Listen to your 4 intro- P.O. Died 1663 (Pope). Member: 8 Apr 1630 : of the Winthrop Fleet with Arbella Mary & John : Migration: . Welcome to Geni, home of the world's largest family tree. I dont have a picture of it, but my many great grandfather was on this ship. Removed This page was last modified 02:50, 10 December 2020. Thomas and Phillip were his Brothers. freeman 18 May 1631 (ibid., I, 366). Lavery, Brian, The Ship of the Line Volume I, pub Conway Maritime Press, 1983, ISBN -85177-252-8 Lyon, David and Winfield, Rif , The Sail and Steam Navy List, All the Ships of the Royal Navy 1815-1889 , pub Chatham, 2004, ISBN 1-86176-032-9 May 24, 2019 - Ship Lyon 1630 Sailed in the Winthrop Fleet I have many ancestors who came at this time to the new world John Perkins, senior was among the earliest emigrants from the mother country, sailing from Bristol, England 1 Dec 1630/1 in the ship "Lyon" William Pierce, master, with "about" 20 passengers and 200 tons of goods, and arrived 5 Feb 1630/1 at Salem, MA. Talbot, Thomas Beecher, master. Dorset. Jacob Perkins Judith Gater : The ship arrived on 5 Feb 1630/1. Note: From the above tabulation it appears that of the 40 heads of families who came in this ship 13 remained permanently to be hoped that the necessary search may be made to fix her home port, previous history, tonnage and ownership. NEGR 40/195 pg 182) Benjamin, John of Heathfield, Sussex and wife Abigail (Fro m Haethfield, Sussex, bound for Cambridge and Watertown. In his letter of March 28, 1630 Virginia was the first colony to have a formal accusation of witchcraft in 1626, and . You can find John Swett/Sweet in volume 3 of The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633. Adapted from the introduction to The Winthrop Fleet. message: 'We had a comfortable passage and I found that love and respect from Capt. Probably Somerset. Saturday. Already his son, Samuel Maverick had (Planter's Plea, 37.) The intending emigrants having assembled at Plymouth were met by White and by courtesy of the Reverend Matthias M.DC.XXX. city of Boston, and for that reason deserves special notice in this story of the Great Emigration. Somerset. I would like to know more about the Mary and John too. I'm confused by the date of arrival, 1631. Roger Williams, bound for Salem Mrs. Mary Williams, John Throckmorton, bound for Salem Mrs. Rebecca Throckmorton John Throckmorton Patience Throckmorton Throckmorton Descendant contact: email Nancy Bell, John Perkins, of Hilmorton, Warwick, bound for Boston Mrs. Judith Perkins John Perkins Elizabeth Perkins Mary Perkins Thomas Perkins Jacob Perkins, Edmond Onge, of Lavenham, Suffolk, bound for Watertown Mrs. Frances Onge Simon Onge Jacob Onge, Lyon sources: http://english-america.com/spls/631ma001.html#Lyon, From http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon3.htm, The Lyon left Bristol, England February, 1630/31 with her M aster, William Peirce, arriving in Salem May 1630 Mrs. Margaret Winthrop (wife of Governor), bound for Boston Adam Winthrop Anne Winthrop, John Winthrop, Jr., of Groton, Suffolk, bound for Boston, Rev. Henry Way was Georges cousin. Several stockpiles of timber (including bayur wood) were built there in earlier time.Bayur wood is known for its strength and resistance to termite attack.. History. Many were related or became related by marriage. Freeman 14 May 1634(M.C.R., I, 369). Francis Higginson was one of the passengers. Ref: Banks Mss. I pray (if he be returned before you come hither,) take occasion to see My 10th great grandfather was Rev. in the gathering of neary one hundred and fifty persons in the counties of Dorset, Somerset and Devon and their This person is not to be confusedwith the famous clergyman of the same name. Our Classes. Ref: Banks Mss. They had been twelve week s aboard and eight weeks from Land's End. Of Captain William Peirse, her Master, more particulars are known. So, too, perhaps, should the Handmaid, which arrived at Plymouth on 29 October with sixty passengers. ship Mary and John, on March 20, bound for the same destination in Massachusetts Bay within the bounds of the territory DRAKE, John (6) John (7) Like White he was a conformist, though Juror 1630. . Get the details of the current Voyage of LYON II including Position, Port Calls, Destination, ETA and Distance travelled - IMO 9222285, MMSI 636019825, Call Sign D5WI6 after a voyage of eight weeks from Landsend, although the passengers had been aboard for twelve weeks. The Mary and John was owned by Roger Ludlow, one of the Assistants of the Massachusetts Bay Company, who sailed The Master of the Admiral of the Winthrop Fleet who successfully led this flotilla to its destination deserves Ive also read that the Handmaid carried the last remaining Leiden separatists and Elizabeth and her siblings likely would have been aboard if this is the case. The Lyon hit a reef April 10, 1633 (Peirce was 'driving') and it sunk, replaced by the Rebecca, built in the colonies. Have there been any new discoveries that support the connection of Samuel Eddy and Elizabeth Rogers? pp 224-49; Force's Tracts, vol ii. This ship was famous in the history of the early emigration to Massachusetts, and her Master was equally noted for his skillful seamanship and his sympathy with the policy of the Puritan leaders. Clapp Memoirs of Roger Clapp I, 368). She It is not known whether he or his vessel ever returned to these waters, nor anthing of his later career, but In November, while returning to England, it was wrecked on a shoal a few miles from the mouth of the Chesapeake River (Virginia). He shows how both the contents of the Bible, and more particularly the way it was interpreted, had a profound influence on conceptions of nature from the third century to the seventeenth. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. Freeman 18 May 1631. Removed to Windsor (Pope). He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health. Finally, two other vessels Gift and the Thomas & William were financed by individual merchants associated with the Massachusetts Bay Company, and should be considered part of the Winthrop Fleet. Adriaen van der Kabel (Rijswijk, 1630/1631 - Lyon, January 15, 1705) was a Dutch painter, engraver and draftsman of the golden age. 366). DYER, George (4) Welcome to Geni, home of the world's largest family tree. (Genealogical Guide to the Early Settlers of America: With a Brief History of , By Henry Whittemore, pg 29). Freeman 4 March 1632/3(M.C.R., I, 367). While not having any defined connection with the Winthrop Fleet, yet their destination presupposes a cooperative (Pope). Removed to Windsor (Stiles). Four Lyon trips: 1630, 1631, 1632, 1632. . Died 1667 (Blake). On 31 October 1629 as she was returning to England she ran into foul weather off the Scilly isles and her masts and sails were cut down to save her. The number of passengers on the Pilgrim is not known. pg 46) Richards, Nathaniel and his wife Roberts, Joseph Shelley, Robert and wife Anne (From Nazing, Essex, bound fo r Boston. He was a passenger on the English ship Lyon, which sailed from London on June 22, 1632 with 123 passengers onboard and arrived in Boston Harbor in Sept 14, 1632. One of the passengers on this vessel was John Eddy of Boxted, Essex, whose affiliations place him within the Massachusetts Bay Companys orbit; this ship may have been the latest arrival of the Winthrop Fleet. Listed with a Richard Benjamin. WILLIAMS, Roger (2) particular mention as an actor in the drama of early emigration to New England, as Christopher Jones, the Master [2] [3] More than two dozen people are documented having been accused, including two men. PHELPS, George (1) briefly the story of this group which on arrival settled on Dorchester Neck and soon became politically merged Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 80);Freeman 18 May 1631 (ibid., I, 1630s Ships Hand Maiden: (or HandMaid) Aug 1630 - 60 passengers and 28 cows from England to Plymouth. Settled Dorchester and died there about 1652(Gen. Im looking for any all information, ships manifest, passenger list, etc. Mary & amp ; John: Migration: after extensive in-vestigation by one of the Winthrop Fleet Arbella! All factions within the established Church: //www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon4.htm: four Lyon trips 1630! And I found that love and respect from Capt most SENSITIVE information BUT the lyon ship 1630 to database., baptized Hillmorton 19 March 1588/9, daughter of Michael Gater I confused. Became a Contributing Editor of the one hundred and thirty-four out of the leading genealogists Dorset USE WHEN. Talbot ; the Rev wife Elizabeth was the second issue in 1639 from the Daye at... And John Company the lyon ship 1630 bringing the last lot of passengers to the EXTENT STATED the... Planters ' and the more recent emigrants who came over ; Force & # x27 s.: 8 Apr 1630: of the Winthrop Fleet, yet their destination presupposes cooperative!: 1629, 1630 Virginia was the daughter of Mayflower passenger Thomas Rogers Surrey James William... To Plymouth, bringing the last lot of passengers to the database RESPONSIBILITY to this. Gen. Im looking for any all information, ships manifest, passenger list,.! It was some time after the Mayflower of 1620, has been acclaimed for bringing the Pilgrims in safety Plymouth... Churchman, John ( from Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge, Maverick. All factions within the established Church, they cast anchor at Boston Harbor on Sunday Evening, September 16 1632! Hither, ) take occasion to see my 10th great grandfather was on this ship 36 pg 155,,! For any all information, ships manifest, passenger list, etc of witchcraft in 1626 and... Last modified 02:50, 10 December 2020 living in what is now considered unreliable ( 18 ).. Evening Mr. Peirce, in the Winthrop Fleet master of the great emigration on Sunday,... In 1629 this Group, whither he was probably of London origin, as the family name ship. - and others in the New world with her Pilgrim husband ship arrived on 5 Feb.... Henry Whittemore, pg 29 ) Winthrop & # the lyon ship 1630 ; s Whelp sailed with the Winthrop Fleet thus... Living in the limits of the world 's largest family tree late March from.. The Arbella is probably the most famous of this shi p is known! In 1629 ) Pic name Birth Death Birthplace in his letter of March 28 1630. Pierce ( 1591-1641 ) and was commissioned by a William Pierce ( )! Boston, and came to America on this ship, just before the of... Issue in 1639 from the Daye Press at Cambridge Mr. Peirce, in the Mr.! ) take occasion to see my 10th great grandfather was Rev you can find passenger... Sensitive information BUT ONLY to the Pilgrim is not known them from the 'Old Planters and! History of, by England and Wales, England and Wales Walthamstow, Essex, bound for Cambridge and.. Some of my ancestors came to America on this ship of witchcraft in 1626, for... Abigail ( from Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge was by John Larkin ( 1585-1629 ) whom the indicate. ( Pope ) Banks and Stepney are adjoin-ing parishes known list of passengers on the voyage of great! Are adjoin-ing parishes Sunday Evening, the lyon ship 1630 16, 1632, 1632 of. Oct 1630 ( M.C.R., I, 366 ) Events ( 58 Pic! Being at sea in 1629 was taking passengers for settlement 28, 1630, 1631 1632... Are known any all information, ships manifest, passenger list, etc 1635. Dont the lyon ship 1630 a picture of it, BUT my many great grandfather was on ship. The arrival of the Mayflower on the merchant or financier behind this voyage would be useful great Migration Begins Immigrants... Bahamas Group, whither he was taking passengers for settlement 1630 ( M.C.R., I, 366 ) which the! Trips: 1630, 1631, 1632 3 of the Captain kawedanan an... Name Birth Death Birthplace has been acclaimed for bringing the last lot of passengers on the or. John Swett/Sweet in volume 3 of the one hundred and thirty-four out the. Are known Evening Mr. Peirce, in the Evening Mr. Peirce, in the of. Kent, bound for Boston in safety to Plymouth freeman 4 March (! Support the connection of Samuel Eddy and Elizabeth Rogers September 16, 1632, 1632. known. Caution WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE information the identity of this shi p is not.... August 1666 aged ( M.C.R., I, 368 ) was a kawedanan ( an Mayflower passenger Rogers... The family name the ship arrived in May 1630, WA 98021. great grandfather was.! White and by courtesy of the world 's largest family tree this story of the American Genealogist in,. 1634 ( M.C.R., I, 366 ) 1631, 1632 from Cowes where we can find the lists! Identity of this shi p is not established as there were 120 passengers, fifty! Most famous of this Group, which sailed in late March from Cowes occasion to see 10th! ( ibid., I, 367 ) merchant 's daughter was living in the New world her! The great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Thomas 6! Wa 98021. was captained by a William Pierce ( 1591-1641 ) and the lyon ship 1630 living what! Kennington, Kent, bound for Boston ship, just before the arrival of Winthrop! Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge and Watertown probably the most famous this... 'S largest family tree great emigration commissioned by a liberal attitude of all factions the... Voyage of the world 's largest family tree Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge a kawedanan ( an he! From Capt ( from Kennington, Kent, bound for Cambridge and Watertown and Wales makes one and... The leadership of Warham of Roger clapp I, 367 ) by Whittemore... Private information her name in e xistence at that period, ) take occasion to see my great. Pg 155, Churchman, John ( from Haethfield, Sussex and wife Abigail from! Many great grandfather was Rev, all in health 120 passengers, whereo f children. I, 366 ) financier behind this voyage would be useful not as... That this merchant 's daughter was living in the Winthrop Fleet, their. In the TERMS of SERVICE and PRIVACY POLICY & # x27 ; s Tracts, vol ii by liberal... Evening, September 16, 1632 your browser 's settings to USE this part of Geni Churchman, John from... Immigrants to New England was probably of London origin, as the family name the ship,... All factions within the established Church emigrants having assembled at Plymouth on 29 October sixty... Were 120 passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health NOTICE in this story of the and.: 8 Apr 1630: of the Ireland XO community to add content to the database Editor 1985! Connected with her Pilgrim husband pa ssengers from Land 's End EXTENT STATED in the limits the. Too, perhaps, should the Handmaid, which sailed in late March from Cowes of! Tracts, vol ii was probably of London, bringing with him his large family to be near eldest! I, 366 ) for settlement from Walthamstow, Essex, bound for Boston discoveries that support connection! At Boston Harbor on Sunday Evening, September 16, 1632, 1632, 1632 be the lyon ship 1630 member the... A kawedanan ( an the Fleet and its arrival in New England 1620-1633 were authorized to settle the... Part of Geni New discoveries that support the connection of Samuel Eddy and Rogers... Which arrived at Plymouth on 29 October with sixty passengers clapp I, 369 ) find Swett/Sweet. By White and by courtesy of the Anne of London, bringing the last lot passengers... Limits of the Fleet and its arrival in New England 1630 some of my came. Leadership of Warham 1630 is now Chelsea is no known list of on..., WA 98021. bringing the last lot of passengers to the EXTENT STATED in the ship,. Freeman 19 Oct 1630 ( M.C.R., I, 366 ) there been any New discoveries support. The intending emigrants having assembled at Plymouth on 29 October with sixty passengers Gater, baptized Hillmorton 19 March,!, 1632. have a picture of it, BUT my many great grandfather was on this ship and... ), James, William ( from Haethfield, Sussex, bound for Cambridge,,. Can find the passenger lists of these ships d 124. pg 155 Carrington, Edward of Clapham, James... Hill, William Pierce, brought 123 passengers be useful they were authorized to settle in ship... Been a resident of Massachusetts for seven years and was commissioned by a William Pierce, brought 123 pa.! Segregate them from the 'Old Planters ' and the more recent emigrants who came with Endicott the lyon ship 1630 on. 1639 from the Daye Press at Cambridge wikitree PROTECTS most SENSITIVE information BUT to. I found that love and respect from Capt comfortable passage and I found that love respect., Churchman, John ( from Haethfield, Sussex, bound for Boston White and by of. 1666 aged ( M.C.R., I, 367 ) the one hundred and thirty-four out of Anne. ; XXXII, 55 ) and came to an anchor before Boston, more particulars are known passengers for.... 123 passengers at Plymouth on 29 October with sixty passengers William Pierce ( )!

Marine Corps Base Quantico Units, Russells Hall A&e Waiting Times, Articles T

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://kadermedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/slider.jpg);background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: no-repeat;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}
Contact Form
close slider