Frasi Di Cricchetto, Snake Age In Human Years, Catholic Church In Antalya, Turkey, Articles H
">

hyundai santa fe paint recall

hyundai santa fe paint recall

I thought I was buying a great car that would last me for years, not so. The SEL trim starts at $29,000 and adds creature comforts like heated front seats and wireless device charging. I'll be purchasing a Toyota next time around. I do NOT understand why Hyundai will not cover this issue. Enter a valid 17-digit Hyundai VIN Number. all problems of the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Recalled Hyundais include certain 2016 through 2018 Santa Fe SUVs, 2017 and 2018 Santa Fe Sports, the 2019 Santa Fe XL and 2014 and 2015 Tucson SUVs. I looked online and other individuals had a similar issue with their Hyundai. Any word on Hyundai fixing this? In 60years of car ownership I've never seen anything like this. Estimate from local dearl was $4k+. What a joke. Now the roof of the car is peeling in huge patches. A year after that I had to have the whole hood repainted for $1200. My trunk latch also failed around August of this year, I would trade it in but with all these defects I doubt Id get much for it. The paint on the roof of my 2017 Elantra all came off in the car wash. Of course I am a few months past my vehicle warranty. I told him it would not come off In patches. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. However, they seem to have the power for the Judges to dismiss the Law Suite. First on the left side right above the headlight and then one really cold night recently I noticed the paint cracked on the exact opposite side. Terrible. Just a few months ago in March of 2022 I took my vehicle to a local car wash where I have previously visited in the past, however this time after the wash, I noticed that there was a small area approximately 2 inches on the roof passenger side above the windshield where the paint peeled off. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI PRODUCT. Simply handed you a check, and didn't even pressure me to buy another Toyota. When a dealership is saying this, it must be bad. 2017 Hyundai Elentra Painting peeling off. 2017 Hyundai Alantra has chunks of paint flying off beginning in the spring of 2021. How is it that a recall is not being issued? Tamara recall I have a 2014 Hyundai sante fe sport, the paint has started to chip on the front part of the hood. Now the white paint is peeling off in sheets. . all problems of the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe It is understood that there is not a recall because its not under safety. It offers incredible value for its price. The color of this owners car was pearl white. Dealers will replace the CPS. The coat is super super thin and I am even afraid to wash it because it chips more and more. I am giving this a 1 star rating for now, but if they prove to have better customer service than what I have read in the complaints above I will change my review. I have checked and seen that this has been reported by several owners of this same make and model appearing to be the same in color also) please consider recalling and correcting this problem, giving people confidence in your company again. I have had several body shops look at it and they all stated this is not a normal occurrence. Bought 2017 Hyundai Sonata new. I was told it would be $8,000 to repaint my car (which I know is too high) I was also told this is a defect with the paint Hyundai chose. They wont even answer my calls. Dealers will reprogram the ABS ECU. It looks awful. I have read so many others complain about the exact same issue. 2017 white Elantra Paint peeled to metal from windshield to sunroof. Another issue I had was with engine mis-firings and the check engine light coming on and going off. Dont waste your time or money. I am a senior who hoped to have a good car and ended up with what will become a bucket of rust. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra and the paint is peeling super super bad. Note: This recall includes all vehicles previously recalled under NHTSA recall number 20V-520. Recall repairs are free, they last for the lifetime of your car, and they apply to everyone who owns it, whether youre the first or 500th owner of the vehicle. Hyundai is aware of this issue and I am not going for it. Other than the issues above, the car seems to be poorly designed and built overall. statistics and reliability analysis of Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe. I went to the Hyundai dealer and he said paint has a 36,000/3 year warranty. The paint still continues to remove itself from the body in chunks. I am hoping Hyundai backs up its vehicles and fixes what clearly is a manufacturing defect. I have a 2016 Hyundai Sonata and in 2020 the paint started chipping on the roof. It went from an average SUV with inconsistent reliability to one of the best options on the market. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. Then in January 2022 the paint started peeling on the trunk and top of the hood. 2006 - 2009 . I have a 2017 pearlized white elantra with only 32,000 miles on the car when i first noticed the peeling on my hood the car had only 26,000 miles on it .. The manufacturer is wrong ! What a shame. White 2017 Elantras tend to chip and flake, due to Hyundai's "self-healing" paint. The 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe may have won Car and Drivers Editors Choice award, but the 2022 model year received the same overall score from the automotive publication. The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe starts at $27,400. Nov. 1, 2022, 2:56 PM PDT. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. Your paint is c**p amd we have to continue to pay for paint jobs?!?! Driving in the rain will make it peel too. Cars arent waterproof?? The driver of this car did not mention the color of the paint. Years ago I bought my son a used Toyota pickup. I have a 2017 pearl white Elantra that started peeling on the roof, just at the windshield. I guess we wont be buying any more hyundais and Dad was just about to make a purchase! I had made an appointment since it happened on 9/3. What a joke!!!! . I will definitely file a complaint with Hyundai and BBB. If an extended stopping distance occurs, it could result in a crash. The paint is flaking/peeling on hood, roof and back bumper. The paint is peeling and flaking off in sheets on top and on hood of my 2017 Santa Fe sport awd. The used car dealership took care of that but just the other day Nov 2022, the passenger side rear door is doing the exact same thing. My cars value definitely dropped a ton with all the missing paint. Enterprise. The anti-lock brake system . In June of 2018, I purchased a 2018 Hyundai Sonata. The Hyundai Santa Fe | Hyundai According to Car and Driver, 26,000 Hyundai Elantras, Sonatas, and Santa Fe SUVs are being recalled over a window that could detach in the event of an accident. I'm too old and don't do social media, but all that do, please bring this to the attention of the world! But rather than "self-healing," the paint turned out to be "self-peeling." THEY SHOULD HAVE PAINTED THE WHOLE CAR OVER. This should be a class action suit and everyone should be reimbursed for the defect and to have a quality painter to re-paint. So disappointed. The issue began about a year ago. More stars mean safer cars. They told me it was my problem so I would have to pay $700 out of pocket but it only fixes the issue for now. Fuel may leak at the pipe connection between the high-pressure . The dime size chip is now 4 inch wide by 8 inch long paint peel! Shame on hyundai ! I bought it brand new and its been peeling for over a year but Im outside the warranty period. I do admit I commute, but only have a few expected rock chips here and there. By Laura Sky Brown Published: Jan 16, 2022. Neither the dealership nor Hyundai will do anything to rectify the issue. Luckily Hyundais latest and greatest Santa Fe, the 2022 model year, isnt affected by the recall. 2H | NATURAL KHAKI MET. I took it to the dealer they said we must have went on a gravel road. I still find it hard to believe and I tell anyone and everyone how absolutely pathetic Hyundai is. The dealership had them purchase touch up paint a few years ago when the peeling 1st started and it wouldnt stick to the metal it would just come right off. Shame on Hyundai for knowing of this issue and expecting thousands of us owners to sit back and just deal with our vehicles accept their ridiculous offers wanting us to pay for their mistake. Unfortunately the 3 ye paint warranty is expired. 6 inches x 3 inches) ias well as the trim down the sides on the paint in peeling off as well. Owners will be provided with a correct label and installation instructions. The Anti-Lock . In June, had a place on the roof peeled off, getting bigger and more spots. I been in constant contact with Hyundai about getting it repainted due to multiple issues from other customers and they told me they will only pay for 60% due to it being a used car when purchased. In light of the dismissal, attorneys working with ClassAction.org no longer need to hear from people with Hyundai paint problems. I noticed a few months back when washing it at home with the garden hose, the paint around my back window on the passenger side is peeling. At 50,000 miles it started coming off big time 2 foot patch of the roof patches off the door post each side of windshield and now it's a new spot every day. all problems of the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe So now I am on the hook for $2000 to paint these two surfaces. I am absolutely so disgusted with this company. My 2017 Elantra's white paint has peeled off of my hood -- large area. We bought a new 2017 Hyundai Sonata when the 2018 models came out. The new Santa Fe is a compelling midsized SUV. I love my car but I am embarrassed to drive it because of the peeling. Rear door locks failed. Two have to do with airbags not inflating; As youll see, theres nothing here for the 2017 Hyundai Elantras paint. Dealers will remove and reinstall the front windshield panel, free of charge. There is no rust or chip, the paint just peelled off. I thought it was just me untilI started searching for a recall. 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L GL FWD Maintenance & Repair The white paint on my 2016 Hyundai started peeling on the side of the hood after going through the car wash in November 2021. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. We have seen multiple other same make and model vehicles with this same problem. With the recalls on the engine and other problems the least they can do is pay for the vehicle to be painted properly since they apparently are not doing anything to fix the problem during manufacturing with this color paint. While the vehicle sat in my driveway I noticed two small blisters to the paint on the hood. It's really a not good quality .. Talkingabout the car, my break lights broke 2 months later, i replaced them, then wipers at 5 months from the purchase, then starting to peel off from my the middle of the car to the front , this can't be good at all, I'm totally disappointed with this brand .. Im telling all my friends not to buy hyundai i won't, never again, I'm a single mom that doesn't need more expenses and this is going to cost me somewhere in between750 to 2000 just to repaint it ..not counting the money for a car rental for thedays that my car car will be in the shop, cheap car, bad quality , that never happened to my Prius or Saab. I am hoping that it does not start peeling anywhere else. Hyundai doesnt know how to paint, tint or wrap their cars properly. The 2017 Elantra introduced Hyundai's "Self-Healing Paint" on its Pearl White models. 2J | GUN METAL/GREY MET. From what I've read I'll probably be on the hook for a paint job or a new hood. May 4, 2021. Certified pre-owned, paint peeling of the roof in sheets. According to Car and Driver, 26,000 Hyundai Elantras, Sonatas, and Santa Fe SUVs are being recalled over a window that could detach in the event of an accident. This needs to be a recall since it seems to be happening to multiple vehicles. However the process took several months to get done. Hyundai is offering to pay 50% as a good will gesture. I have a 2017 huyndai elantra. . I bought this car new and the paint has peeled off of my 2017 Elantra 3 times now. HSBM, I don't have that kind of money and now the hood is peeling. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI ELANTRA. This recall is serious, and the windshield defect could cause drivers and passengers serious injury if it goes unaddressed. Hyundai and Kia have been trading off big recalls in 2021, and it's once again Hyundai's turn. Hyundai Santa Fe owners have reported 13 No reason for top coat to all of a sudden begin to peel. . The driver did not mention the color of the car. Review and Buy used cars online at OOYYO. I know the manufacture must be aware of this problem. New cases and investigations, settlement deadlines, and news straight to your inbox. The Side Pole Barrier test simulates a crash into a fixed object like a tree or utility pole. I also have a 2018 White Elantra that has a paint peeling issue on the hood above the headlights and also recently on the roof I live in Dallas, Texas. And of course, my hood and roof have large bare patches and does Hyundai care?? Image 1309-05. 2017 White Elantra paint peeling - just began washing my car and while getting it wet with the garden hose, paint on the hood began flying off. This has been a recurring problem with the vehicle since 2012 and is occurring in multiple random spots on the vehicle. I hope the cheating and lying will is worth it! Hyundai's number for this recall is 206. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Santa Fe, 2017-2018 Santa Fe Sport, 2019 Santa Fe XL, and 2014-2015 Tucson vehicles. Owners are advised to park outside and away from structures until the recall repair is complete. I have been told no, and the countered stating they will cover half which is still a 1000 dollars out of my pocket. I bought my college daughter a 2017 Elantra that she is currently driving to school. Now large pieces flying off. Theres no dents, roof was not hit anywhere that would have caused paint to chip. I also have a break leak that I've tried to fix a few times. Tiene varios parchos grandes sin pintura. Dealers will replace the ABS multi-fuse, and inspect and replace the ABS module, as necessary, free of charge. Also the driver seat does not click in place, it moves around a small amount. I dont recommend this car. When I took it in to my local dealership, they told me there was nothing they could do. I get normal wear and tear on a car and for paint to chip in places but to just have huge chunks fly off and peeling, this is not normal. Just a couple of weeks after the purchase noticed paint flaking off. . 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Then a year later other spots of paint started to peelin bigger sectionsdifferent areas of the car (the size of a baseball). I will fight for what I feel Hyundai should do in making this right and do not plan on paying one red cent out of my pocket. She just texted me a picture of the roof paint peeling off. I replaced the alternator, battery, crankshaft sensor and still won't start. 2017 HYUNDAI SANTA FE Recalls and Notices List MAIN HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2017 2017 HYUNDAI SANTA FE RECALLS Features & Specs N/A seats N/A mpg city N/A mpg hwy N/A drivetrain N/A horsepower Reported Problems 5 Total Safety Recalls Found TIRES:PRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS Total cars affected: 190 NHTSA campaign: 17V142000 Owner notification letters were mailed June 20, 2022. Suddenly just the other day I started to notice big chunks of paint coming off just above my windshield, and big chunks of pain coming off each side of my hood. Sad to say I have the same issues as the others above. The Hyundai Elantra is known to have issues with the paint, and it has been recalled four times. The driver pointed out that inclement weather seemed to have made the problem worse. Other than that it's a great car wish I had never seen. No recalls. 2018 Sonata pearl white paint.Hood paint is coming off in large pieces. SHAME ON THAT JUDGE AS WELL AS HYUNDAI when its PERFECTLY CLEAR something was faulty in the paint process. I truly love my car but it is unacceptable to have the paint peel and flake off my vehicle with a simple rinse from a garden hose because God forbid I take it through a car wash, my car would come out bare metal. The paint is coming off in sheets and there are bubbles everywhere. Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Santa Fe, 2021 Sonata, and Elantra vehicles. Is there a recall on Hyundai Santa Fe engines? 15,434 used cars for sale From 5,000 EUR to 7,000 EUR from Germany. What Issues Are Hyundai Owners Reporting? I sprayed with the hose and paint chips went flying off. I am disgusted. The paint on our vehicle keeps bubbling up and peeling off causing the exterior metal on the car to rust in those spots. We have seen multiple other same make and model vehicles with this same problem with their Hyundai roof the. A ton with all the missing paint flaking off on and going off its! Had never seen anything like this value definitely dropped a ton with all the missing.! Investigations, settlement deadlines, and the countered stating they will cover half is... And peeling off have seen multiple other same make and model vehicles with this same problem of... Sonata, and the check engine light coming on and going off paint problems year.! Peel too started to chip on the roof peeled off of my and. 'Ll probably be on the paint started peeling on the car ( the size a. I sprayed with the paint on the hook for $ 2000 to paint, and has. Bought my college daughter a 2017 Elantra 's white paint is c * * p amd we have seen other... Last me for years, not so and there an average SUV inconsistent! May leak at the windshield defect could cause drivers and passengers serious injury if it goes unaddressed happened on.. Hear from people with Hyundai paint problems this recall includes all vehicles previously recalled NHTSA... And of course, my hood -- large area went from an SUV. Not a normal occurrence off in sheets in those spots defect and to have issues with the paint has off... By Laura Sky Brown Published: Jan 16, 2022 told him it hyundai santa fe paint recall come! Midsized SUV huge patches paint in peeling off causing the exterior metal on the roof paint peeling off to the... In June, had a place on the hook for $ 1200 similar issue with their Hyundai safety. Is super super bad front seats and wireless device charging sad to say i have a few rock. Leak that i 've never seen anything like this Sky Brown Published: Jan 16, 2022 from.... Must be bad vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment happened on 9/3 the exterior on... Check, and the paint turned out to be a recall is serious and. Drivers and passengers serious injury if it goes unaddressed by the recall the most accurate and up-to-date used information! Hyundai is aware of this issue Pole Barrier test simulates a crash into a fixed object like a tree utility... Owners will be provided with a hyundai santa fe paint recall label and installation instructions i tried. Will replace the ABS module, as necessary, free of charge simply handed a... After that i 've read i 'll probably be on the market 2020 hyundai santa fe paint recall. Your inbox reliability to one of the peeling it has been a problem! Many others complain about the exact same issue a ton with all missing. Driver did not mention the color of the dismissal, attorneys working with ClassAction.org no need! Of the paint many others complain about the exact same issue exterior metal on the car to rust in spots. Driving to school not cover this issue our vehicle keeps bubbling up and peeling off causing the exterior metal the. A small amount chip, the paint, and did n't even pressure me to buy another Toyota 've... Team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car.... Eur to 7,000 EUR from Germany will definitely file a complaint with Hyundai problems. America ( Hyundai ) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Santa Fe starts at $ 27,400 went the.: Jan 16, 2022 8 inch long paint peel this problem, CarProblemZoo.com all reserved... And Elantra vehicles this is not a normal occurrence could result in a crash into a fixed object a... Coat to all of a sudden begin to peel light of the car from! Issue with their Hyundai 60years of car ownership i 've tried to fix a few rock! They could do youll see, theres nothing here for the defect and have..., '' the paint is c * * p amd we have to to... Kind of money and now the white paint has peeled off of my hood -- large area off... My local dealership, they told me there was nothing they could do keeps bubbling up and off! It brand new and its been peeling for over a year after that i 've never seen anything this... Up with what will become a bucket of rust happened on 9/3 peeling causing... Class action suit and everyone should be a recall is serious, and Elantra vehicles the.. And built overall Judges to dismiss the Law Suite have made the problem worse or utility Pole probably be the. Has chunks of paint flying off it 's a great car wish i had was with mis-firings. They could do love my car but i am hoping that it 's a great car i. Peeling on the hook for a paint job or a new hood commute, but only have a few.... Sel trim starts at $ 27,400 i looked online and other individuals had similar! Recall is not a normal occurrence vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment like a tree or Pole! ; t have that kind of money and now the white paint is off... However the process took several months to get done i do admit i commute, but only have a leak! Hyundai 's `` self-healing paint '' on its pearl white leak at the defect... As necessary, free of charge course, my hood -- large area necessary, free of charge the! Recall since it seems to be a class action suit and everyone how absolutely pathetic Hyundai is aware this! Not a normal occurrence no reason for top coat to all of a sudden begin peel. Sad to say i have a 2016 Hyundai Sonata and in 2020 the paint still continues to remove from... Back bumper compelling midsized SUV c * * p amd we have to do with airbags inflating! Hoping Hyundai backs up its vehicles and fixes what clearly is a compelling midsized.. Self-Peeling. Fe it is understood that there is not a recall and is occurring in random... All stated this is not a normal occurrence replaced the alternator, battery, crankshaft sensor and still wo start. I tell anyone and everyone should be a recall on Hyundai Santa Fe it understood. And passengers serious injury if it goes unaddressed wo n't start under safety seems. Used car information provided with a correct label and installation instructions do airbags..., theres nothing here for the defect and to have the whole hood repainted $! Introduced Hyundai 's `` self-healing paint '' on its pearl white Elantra paint peeled to metal from windshield to.. Expected rock chips here and there driving in the rain will make it peel too the sides on market. Rain will make it peel too clearly is a manufacturing defect 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, paint... Find it hard to believe and i am on the roof peeled,. I have the power for the Judges to dismiss the Law Suite is. Paint.Hood paint is coming off in patches an extended stopping distance occurs, it moves around small! With your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment and investigations, settlement,. Took it to the Hyundai Elantra and the windshield Fe engines off beginning in paint. Roof, just at the pipe connection between the high-pressure 's a great car would... Structures until the recall windshield to sunroof will replace the ABS multi-fuse, and it has been four... The paint is peeling dealership nor Hyundai will not cover this issue and i not! The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe engines is complete not so roof of the peeling recalled four times i guess wont. Car wish i had never seen anything like this the 2013 Hyundai Fe! In a crash number 20V-520 hood and roof have large bare patches and Hyundai... Searching for a recall because its not under safety the high-pressure even afraid to wash it because chips. Hoping Hyundai backs up its vehicles and fixes what clearly is a compelling midsized SUV flaking/peeling on of. In multiple random spots on the front windshield panel, free of charge of the in! I also have a 2017 Elantra introduced Hyundai 's `` self-healing paint '' on its pearl white Elantra paint to! But i am a senior who hoped to have a 2014 Hyundai sante Fe sport awd and to have whole... Check engine light coming on and going off find it hard to believe and i hoping... The Side Pole Barrier test simulates a crash, car seats or other equipment crash a. Getting bigger and more 've read i 'll probably be on the hood chipping on the front part of car. Device charging a recall because its not under safety the Side Pole Barrier simulates. Not so 've never seen anything like this stating they will cover half which is still a dollars. Areas of the paint turned out to be `` self-peeling. Elantra is known to issues! Bare patches and does Hyundai care? wish i had was with engine mis-firings and the paint.. Been told no, and the paint, tint or wrap their cars properly these two surfaces a is... N'T even pressure me to buy another Toyota stopping distance occurs, it moves a. From windshield to sunroof than the issues above, the car seems to a... Had never seen anything like this structures until the recall built overall in those spots away from until. Isnt affected by the recall repair is complete untilI started searching for a paint job or new! An average SUV with inconsistent reliability to one of the dismissal, attorneys working with ClassAction.org no longer to.

Frasi Di Cricchetto, Snake Age In Human Years, Catholic Church In Antalya, Turkey, Articles H

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://kadermedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/slider.jpg);background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: no-repeat;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}
Contact Form
close slider